We’re in search of a Senior Developer to be responsible for the overall application programming process of DCI's financial data processing products by accurately and efficiently writing and maintaining new and existing programs, including designing, coding, testing, and debugging program logic and writing program documentation using methodology and programming standards established by the Application Development Department.
The Senior Developers are also accountable for maintaining, enhancing, and troubleshooting assigned applications, assisting in the design of new and existing DCI programs and systems, and providing implementation and programming support to internal departments.
- Program Writing
- Writes structured application interface code from specifications conforming to established methodology and standards in approved languages.
- Writes program logic to meet specifications of applicable system/environment design.
- Codes, tests, debugs, and documents new, modified, and existing programs.
- Uses coding methods for specific programming languages to initiate or enhance efficient program execution and performance to reach optimum application and hardware utilization.
- Troubleshoots coding problems when necessary.
- Works within guidelines and specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives, accurately, within the established schedule.
- Program Testing & Maintenance
- Thoroughly tests programs using an approved test plan and documents test results.
- Conducts unit tests of modified and existing applications.
- Maintains integrity of program logic and coding by establishing required checks and balances for operational control.
- Monitors programs for expected performance.
- Program Documentation & Education
- Produces procedural program documentation to departmental standards as required.
- Participates in program code reviews to verify and ensure adherence to program specifications and established standards.
- Creates or revises program documentation, operation documentation, and/or user guides in accordance with established standards.
- Maintains current and up-to-date knowledge of system environment platforms and related operating procedures and standards.
- Understands and maintains programming standards and methodology established by the Application Development Department and DCI in all programs coded.
- Programming Problem Solving & Needs Analysis
- Promptly responds to program errors and emergency problems encountered by customers and internal users.
- Investigates all problems and errors reported or detected in a timely manner.
- Takes appropriate action to correct problems discovered during application operation within established protocol.
- Analyzes end users data processing needs and develops user-oriented program solutions that will interface with existing applications in use.
- Assists in studying and analyzing data processing functions, methods and procedures and makes recommendations concerning the feasibility of revising existing programs or adapting new applications to data processing operations that will more effectively utilize resources.
- Translates detailed specifications and/or functional requirements into structured applications programs, scripts or network solutions.
- Provides input to Business Analysts and Customer Support staff to prolong system/application life or makes recommendation for timely program replacement.
- Provide implementation and programming support to internal departments.
- Assists in the coordination of implementation and training to support new programs/applications.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree
- Three or more years programming experience for a financial institution or financial data processing services provider.
- Development and support skills in at least one system environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of general client-server programming languages, methods and standards.
- General knowledge and understanding of financial data processing system design methods, techniques, and standards.
- Familiarity with all aspects of data processing and programming interrelations.
- Proficiency in writing/coding in one or more commonly used programming languages in DCI and financial data processing applications.
- Program design, testing, and documentation skills.
- Possesses sound analytical problem determination and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced PC operation skills, word-processing, and spreadsheet software proficiency, Microsoft Excel, Word, and Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Effective planning, coordination, time management, and organization skills.
- Effective and appropriate face-to-face and verbal communication skills, as well as appropriate conduct of interpersonal relations.
- Effective communication skills in writing and speaking clearly and concisely.
Bachelor of Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree
Three or more years programming experience for a financial institution or financial data processing services provider
Hutchinson, KS 67501
- Health, dental, vision, life, cancer and long-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement and profit-sharing plans
- Paid vacations, sick leave and holidays
- Spending accounts
- AFLAC benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Job-related educational assistance
- Wellness benefits
- Fun, friendly work environment!
Applying for Employment
Complete the application form, then click "Submit" to process your application. Be sure to attach your resume and a cover letter that specifies the position for which you are applying and your salary requirements.
We are an E-Verify Employer
E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows us to electronically verify the employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security Numbers.
- The Right to Work (English Version)
- The Right to Work (Spanish Version)
- E-Verify Participation (English Version)
- E-Verify Participation (Spanish Version)
Mail Applications To:
Data Center, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
20 W. Second Ave.
Hutchinson, Kansas 67501
DCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a drug-free workplace.